The 24th Annual Fall Festival at the Great Pumpkin Farm in Clarence Kicks off with Armed Forces Weekend
The Great Pumpkin Farm’s Fall Festival will celebrate its 24th year as Western New York’s favorite fall destination when it opens on September 14 at 10:00 a.m. For seven consecutive weekends, the Fall Festival offers something for every age, including amusement rides; hayrides; corn maze; the pumpkins and mum patch; pumpkin cannon; shooting gallery; homemade donuts, pies, cookies and pastries; Halloween decorations and special events, such as the World Pumpkin Pie Eating Contest, the Trebuchet Contest and Oinktoberfest, New York State’s BBQ Cook-off – and so much more!
This year, the Great Pumpkin Farm has once again declared opening weekend – September 14 and 15 – to be Armed Forces Weekend, in collaboration with WNYHeroes, Inc. The regular admission fee will be waived for active duty and retired military, police or fire department personnel who present proper identification to WNYHeroes representatives at the gate; they will also be permitted to bring one guest for free. WNYHeroes representatives will also be on hand at an informational booth in the Event Center at the Great Pumpkin Farm.
All attractions will be up and running on opening weekend, and additional entertainment will include Vinnie and Teddy, the ever-popular animatronic dinosaurs, who will roam the corn maze both days from noon until 4:00 p.m. looking for their prey, the Balloon Experts, who will amaze with their incredible balloon characters and designs and live music in The Witches Brew indoor or outdoor bar (weather depending).
WHAT’S NEW THIS YEAR:
New features added this year to the Fall Festival include:
- Superheroes-themed Corn Maze
The Witches Brew Bar will be open every weekend, with live music inside or out (depending on weather).
FALL FESTIVAL WEEKEND HIGHLIGHTS:
- WEEKEND #1: September 14 & 15 – Armed Forces Weekend with WNYHeroes; Dinosaurs in the Corn Maze; The Balloon Experts and live music in The Witches Brew.
- WEEKEND #2: September 20-22 – Oinktoberfest 2019, including Friday Night BBQ Preview Night (FREE admission); Oinktoberfest, New York State’s official KCBS-sanctioned BBQ Cookoff on Saturday; Zombies in the Corn Maze; The Balloon Experts and live music in The Witches Brew.
- WEEKEND #3: September 28-29 – The World Pumpkin Pie Eating Contest on Saturday; Funny Face Drawing Contest; Dinosaurs in the Corn Maze; The Balloon Experts; live music in The Witches Brew and Indepumpkins Day on Friday night (with fireworks!).
- WEEKEND #4: October 5 & 6 – Superheroes Weekend and World Pumpkin Weigh Off on Saturday; Dinosaurs in the Corn Maze; The Balloon Experts; live music in The Witches Brew and In Jest Juggling & Comedy Show
- WEEKEND #5: October 12, 13 & 14 (Columbus Day Weekend) Pumpkin Drop on Monday (Columbus Day); Pumpkin Olympics; In Jest Juggling & Comedy Show; Zombies in the Corn Maze; The Balloon Experts; live music in The Witches Brew; Awesome Paws Rescue and $20 Wristband Day (Monday only)
- WEEKEND #6: October 19 & 20 – Annual Trebuchet (catapult) Contest with local high school teams (practice Saturday, contest Sunday); Zombies in the Corn Maze; The Balloon Experts and live music in The Witches Brew.
- WEEKEND #7: October 26 & 27 – FINAL WEEKEND; Costume Contest; The Balloon Experts and live music in The Witches Brew.